Monday, January 4, 2010

PATTERN: Scarves for my in-laws

Both of these were improvised (no patterns used). I used a 6.5mm/K hook with bulky yarn. I used about 1.5 skeins of the suede yarn (approx. 180 yards) and an entire skein of the homespun (approx. 180 yards) and each one took 6-8 hours.
ch17
Row 1: sc in 2nd chain from hook, sc in all sts - 16 sts
Row 2: ch1, turn, sc in all sts - 16 sts
Row 3-70: ch2, turn, dc in all sts - 16 sts
Row 71: ch1, turn, sc in all sts - 16 sts
Row 72: ch1, turn, sc in all sts, fasten off & weave in end - 16 sts


Photobucket

Lion Brand Suede in teal for my father-in-law

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lion Brand Homespun in rose for my mother-in-law

2 comments:

  1. What don't you like about the Homespun yarn? Or did you mean the suede yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate trying to do anything more complicated than rows of dc 'cause it's REALLY splitty and the thread used to keep the fibers together constantly winds up where it shouldn't be (generally, splitting off from the rest and getting caught on the hook). It's also pretty awful to try to frog, and the texture makes it difficult to tell where your stitches are. It's also one of the squeakiest acrylics I've worked with so far and dries out my fingers a bit.

    To be fair, I do like the softness and general feel of the yarn and the look & drape it has when worked up though. And most of the colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete